[OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this Lis

Subject: [OM] Re: texas, was Re: Bob Gries WAS Re: Previous Fun Times on this List
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:39:13 -0800
Paul Laughlin wrote:
> Ain't nothin' like a Texas Blue Norther.  Saw it drop 70 degrees in 20
> minutes in Fort Worth once. ( Stationed at Carswell AFB for 5 years)  We had
> 1/2 inch of ice on the cars.

Doesn't do anything like that here. I'll stay, thanks.

Fun flying into Dallas one winter. The woman next to me looks down as we
bank to turn on approach and asks why there is all that sand everywhere.
Calif. girl, I guess, thought grass stayed green all year. Here, it's
the reverse unless you water, green in the winter, brown in the summer.

Moose