[OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it

Subject: [OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it looks interesting
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 20:03:46 +0100
One of the reasons is the possibility of increased DOF by tilting camera and
lens relative to each other:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheimpflug_principle

In short Scheimpflug says that if the lines through object, lens and film
(sensor ;-) plane intersect at one point, the object will be in focus (hope
my English is correct here)

In a C*n*n brochure they always illustrated this by a fence which appeared
completely sharp, but was not parallel with the film plane.

A bigger image circle might come in handy for the shift, maybe for the tilt
too.

Frank.