[OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it

Subject: [OM] Re: Not exactly sure what it is (my german isn't very good) and it looks interesting
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 13:05:30 -0800
With macro the DOF can be very small. The goal would be to get the
whole bug in sharp focus rather than just his eyes. Frank's
description of the fence going from near to far is a good way to
visulaize it, but the problem is even more common with macro.

Many of the bellows macro lenses have short focal lengths (Zuiko 20mm
& 38mm). Stopping down the aperture very much causes diffraction
problems. Although the Zuiko 135/4.5 can be stopped down to f45,
diffraction probably limits the picture quality at f16 and beyond.

For either tilt or shift you need a larger than normal image circle. I
haven't seen a good macro lens with the necessary image circle.
-jeff