[OM] Re: Get the Shot! (was PAW 1 2, 4, 5)

Subject: [OM] Re: Get the Shot! (was PAW 1 2, 4, 5)
From: "om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:30:26 -0500
Yep, that's what I tell people all the time.  It's better to crank up the
ISO and get the shot, rather than fixating on no noise and a crappy image.
I used to get lots of shots in the 90's with Fuji Press 800 pushed to 1600
and in the 80's with Tri-X at 1600 or 3200.  This is really no different.

I sometimes have to shoot at ISO 3200 to get acceptable images at these
dim, middle-school gyms.  But with careful selection of subject and
panning, you can get nice shots like this one.  FYI, in such ISO 3200 gyms,
my keep rate is usually below 10% due to subject motion.

Skip