[OM] Re: OT : Richard Avedon Tour Photo Exhibition, in Bay Area

Subject: [OM] Re: OT : Richard Avedon Tour Photo Exhibition, in Bay Area
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 11:28:00 -0500
Similar experience with an Adams exhibition in Chicago.  A huge print
of 'Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico' was displayed adjacent to the
entrance.  I was transfixed by it.  The person who went with me
covered the rest of the exhibit and came back to find me still at the
beginning, staring at 'Moonrise'.

Took me hours to go through the rest of the show, much to his
consternation.  Of course he's not a photographer.

Simultaneously humbling and exhilarating.

Happens with great musicians as well.  Serkin, Rampal, John McLaughlin . . .

ScottGee1