[OM] Re: OT : Richard Avedon Tour Photo Exhibition, in Bay Area

Subject: [OM] Re: OT : Richard Avedon Tour Photo Exhibition, in Bay Area
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:58:47 -0500
Rampal was the first soloist to play at Detroit's then newly restored
Orchestra Hall.  The work wasn't done at the time of the concert but
the tickets were sold and the show must go on!

Rampal did something quite wonderful to inaugurate the place.  Before
performing he came out on stage and talked for a while about the joys
of playing in a well designed hall.  He used his flute and voice to
demonstrate its qualities.  We were in the cheap seats in the balcony
and could hear his breath whistling over the lip plate as he played
pianissimo yet were not overwhelmed when he played fortissimo.

The place truly is a marvel and I'm glad they didn't tear it down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestra_Hall%2C_Detroit

ScottGee1