[OM] Re: Fancy-pants meter question

Subject: [OM] Re: Fancy-pants meter question
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 19:41:45 -0500
"If all I ever shot with was my Oms with available light, I'd not have spent
the money on spot meters or the incident light meter."

I dare say Dr. Flash may disagree, assuming he has e-mail access during his
move.  What if there is no medium toned object to meter in the same light?
Incident light meter would obviate this problem.    Be that as it may, am not
sure  some complex zooms don't lose some light and exposure may be off not
metered TTL, unless the light loss is accounted for.  I  also don't trust using
1 stop  for a 1.4 TC or 2 for 2X either.   When I directly measured light loss
on a 4 element Tokina 2X converter it was only -2/3 stop.  The Viv S1 converter
to go 1:1 metered at -2 stops as expected.  (used the Z. 50 /3.5 with an evenly
lit light wall)

Mike
AOL Mail and more.