[OM] Re: Taking the sp350 for a spin

Subject: [OM] Re: Taking the sp350 for a spin
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:16:29 -0800

>Mike's probably at work. .....

Well...not exactly. Today was the last of the nice weather so the boss
gave me the day off. One of the few benefits of being self employed :)
The wife and I and the Mutt went over to Orcas Island to explore the
latest Land Bank acquisition, Turtleback Mtn. And a very fine day it was
despite the bunch of annoyed messages and emails waiting when we got
home. Turtleback is a beautiful place and well worth a visit if any of
you get up this way. Info here: <http://www.sjpt.org/turtleback.php>
I tried a few panos today and will post if they turn out at all.

The pictures I posted were taken on San Juan Island at the national park
there. Info: <http://www.nps.gov/sajh/>
I would like to mention that a new road is in the works with an
impending announcement of the Preferred Alternative. I have it from a
reliable source that the yet to be proposed route of said road will come
right through the center of this picture.
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/WalkDogs/1-31-07/pano141-3.jpg>
The new route of the road will head gradually uphill from the point the
existing road comes into view in the photo climbing the faintly
discernible step (ancient shoreline) until it comes right down the path
in the foreground. Needless to say there are many here who find this
proposal unacceptable. There are better options. I will post more as
this unfolds.

Mike