[OM] Re: OT: Shipping to England from the US

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Shipping to England from the US
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:02:07 EST
Rob, I think Air Letter Post is the better choice.  I know the word  "letter"
is in its name, but that isn't what it means.  That is a USPS  choice.  I've
sent stuff all over the world and the only problem I had was  with an item I
sent to the UK.  It got lost in the shuffle, but eventually  got sent back to
me, after I had refunded the money to the purchaser.  That  is not a
particularly bad record.  A lens such as what you have sold, I  would insure.
Many
times the buyers will elect not to get insurance as it  does cost more.  Should
you need to file a claim, you get to deal with the  USPS.  Sounds like fun,
doesn't it?  Bill Barber

Oh, I'm sending two packages to Australia in the morning. Both Air Letter
Post without insurance.  Also sending a package to a list member here in  the
states.