[OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 02:07:46 -0800
Rob Harrison wrote:
> I¹ve finally sold enough Nik*n MF gear on eekbay to spring for a digital P&S
> to replace my aging Nik*n 995. Only been debating what to get for a year or
> so.... Can*n S80 is the current front-runner. Offers a lot more control than
> a F30 plus accessory wide lens that gets me to 22.4mm for interiors shots.

You might check out the A630. Steve's Digicams loves the overall
performance.

Yes, it's plastic, but it's cheap and has fairly extensive controls and
provision for a WA adapter lens. Not as noise free as the F30, but
pretty decent looking on his samples. Biggest failing may be the lack of
an iso button, which will drive some crazy and be ok for others.

It looks particularly suited to architectural  interior work with the
articulated viewfinder, so you can shot with the camera literally backed
up against the wall, over your head, on the floor, etc.

Could be a good deal for your interim needs