[OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - Digital Compact - Any Can*n S80 Owners Out There?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:02:37 -0800
It looks like the S80 is a thing of the past. No longer listed at B&H
and carried only as a refurbished model at Adorama.  The where to buy
it links have disappeared from the camera review sites.  Even if you
find one left over, you will have to move fast to get any accessories
for it.

I know it is larger, but for not much more you could buy a Nikon D40
with lens and it is a small DSLR and would be so much more capable.
Decently small too. And the kit lens may give you the wide angle you
want with 27mm equivalent.

The GR-D has a very noisy sensor in a nice camera. The F30 has a nice
sensor in a relatively feature free camera. If were to get this kind
of camera now it would probably be the new Canon G7 if performance is
important or the Olympus SP-350 which is smaller and has RAW format.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA