[OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)

Subject: [OM] Re: Billy Pilgrim (was Yet Another Photo)
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 15:57:47 +0000
I just dug out H. Allen Smith's book "Low Man on a Totem Pole," published the
year I was born, 1941. The first chapter is entitled "How to Become a
Journalist," and begins, "When I was five years old I fell head downward into
an empty cistern and was not found until six hours later, at which time I was
quietly eating dirt. The year after that I fell out of a neighbor's barn loft.
These experiences constitute an adequate preparation for a career in journalism
-- the equivalent of four years in college."

Having been one, I can't say I disagree too much. :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Thanx for the kind words, everyone. I does enjoy writing a little
> from time to time, and I did make something of a career of it in
> journalism, which Robert A. Heinlein once said was a fine career, as
> long as one did it in private and washed one's hands afterwards. That
> Heinlein, he was a real crack-up.

--snip--