[OM] Re: Attention 85 mm owners AGAIN (!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Attention 85 mm owners AGAIN (!)
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:47:31 -0800 (PST)
> Serial NO of the lens in question is 110282 and the current owner
> says
> that the reflection in the frontlens glass is of blueish colour.

This tells me that it is one of the quasi-MC lenses.  There was a
time with some of the later silvernosed lenses where there was some
changes in the formulations but didn't go all the way to full-blown
multi-coating.

For example, the earliest lenses will have almost exclusively
Purple/Yellow colors.  The middle lenses (mostly Silvernosed, but
some blacknosed) have blue reflections too.  The Multicoated
black-nosed lenses will have Green and Red reflections added.

My 100/2.8 has Purple/Yellow/Blue and some Red, but no green.  It
sounds like this particular 85/2 is of the same formulation.  If so,
grab it!

Not to put too fine a point on this, but the single-coated 100/2.8
and 85/2 lenses are basically equivelent to a multicoated zoom.

AG

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
bargains.