[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 17:27:04 -0400

> My mum died the week before, and most of the week was a blur, but it all
> came together for the funeral on Saturday. (Being the eldest and the only
> project manager by trade, the majority of the responsibility gravitated to
> me, it seemed.) I'd written up a bit of a remembrance, but wondered if I
> was
> going to be able to get through it - I don't like speaking from notes, so
> was planning to wing it. It worked, and I think my story really filled in
> lot for people who had not know her all her life.
>
> To the photography, though: after the service, I noticed one of the
> long-time parishioners, with a camera, up at the front of the church, and
> though it a bit odd. Turned out that she was photographing the photograph
> of
> my mum, for the church archives. (I think I should send her a
> first-generation image.)
>
> Michael
>
> OM content: none.

I've spoken at lots of funerals and they are never easy, but it is
especially hard if it is close family. You did very well to speak at your
mother's funeral. I spoke at my dad's funeral in June of last year, at my
mother's funeral about 7 years ago, and before that at my grandfather's
funeral, none of which I would have voluntered for, but it was their wishes.
I've only ever been asked to take pictures of one deceased person, and that
was of my wife's dad, almost 20 years ago, at the funeral home. I really
didn't like doing it at the time, and certainly didn't keep any pictures for
myself. I have several I took of him when he was alive, which are much nicer
:-).

Wayne

OM content: well I did take the funeral pictures with an Olympus 35 RC. Does
that count?