[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:25:44 -0500
AG Schnozz wrote:

> So true.  I must admit that after spending a few minutes checking out
> Bill's SHLD-2, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be.  In fact,
> almost the opposite.  The only reason I bought the grip was because a
> fellow listmember scored a couple and let one go at an obscenely
> decent price.

I thought about purchasing one as well as they are so inexpensive on
eB*y and I thought the added battery life would be nice.  Even though I
never handled an E-1 with the grip, I later thought that the added
weight to a tripod might be a problem and I rarely use the E-1 without one.

> My biggest issue with most of the newer cameras is that the lugs for
> the neck-straps have moved towards the back of the cameras.  On the
> OM series, the lugs are on the front of the body.  What happens is
> that when I shoot a vertical, the neck strap falls across the
> viewfinder.

That was never a problem for me as I don't use a neck strap.  If I need
to carry the camera outside the bag I just leave it on the tripod  with
the legs collapsed.  Makes for a nice weapon if some large critter
decides it wants me for dinner. <8)

Richard L