[OM] Re: Unsung attribute

Subject: [OM] Re: Unsung attribute
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:35:25 -0800 (PST)
> Something I've learned in 52 years... I don't "need" anything
> though my list of "wants" seems endless.

So true.  I must admit that after spending a few minutes checking out
Bill's SHLD-2, I wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be.  In fact,
almost the opposite.  The only reason I bought the grip was because a
fellow listmember scored a couple and let one go at an obscenely
decent price.

I've got mixed feelings about it.  I enjoy having it and it does
improve some things, but my feeling is that Olympus did such a
wonderful job on the ergonomics of the E-1 WITHOUT the grip that the
grip actually takes it a step backwards.

My biggest issue with most of the newer cameras is that the lugs for
the neck-straps have moved towards the back of the cameras.  On the
OM series, the lugs are on the front of the body.  What happens is
that when I shoot a vertical, the neck strap falls across the
viewfinder.

AG

Never Miss an Email