[OM] Re: Reasons to always carry a camera - OT or not.

Subject: [OM] Re: Reasons to always carry a camera - OT or not.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:24:00 -0800
Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> The camera has to be in the car first.
What's with this car fixation? The "carry everywhere" camera should be
on one's person, thus automatically entering and leaving vehicles as
one's body does so. :-)
> Besides, I've learned from Walt that nothing more than 500 feet from the car
> is photogenic.  Therefore, if there is something photogenic in range then the
> car is also in range.

Walt is just passing on the quote from Edward Weston, who had to carry a
view camera and heavy wooden tripod.

And 500 yards is quite a distance, over 1/4 of a mile. I can carry even
the 5D farther than that without great pain.

Moose, brooking no excuses.