[OM] Re: Reasons to always carry a camera - OT or not.

Subject: [OM] Re: Reasons to always carry a camera - OT or not.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:35:03 -0500
Very nice.  And I kick myself periodically for not carrying the camera
and not being prepared to capture a good image when it appears.  40+
years ago I always carried my first camera with me in the car and simply
left it there.  Then one day I left it in the trunk/boot in the hot
Texas sun of August.  After that the selenium meter didn't work anymore.
  I also worried about the film being exposed to high temps in an
enclosed car.

Since then I've never felt comfortable leaving the camera in the car and
never remember to simply pick it up and take it along.  But the things I
used to worry about are probably no longer valid for a digital.  But I'm
not sure.  How would a modern DSLR fare when exposed to the 140F/60C
temperature of an enclosed space in summer heat?

Chuck Norcutt