[OM] Re: Just another photo

Subject: [OM] Re: Just another photo
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 17:23:43 +1100
> AllanDan wrote:
> As a dog and bird lover, I am forced to say,  what nice cats. Really
> striking animals. The background is perfectly matched. I would crop
> some of it.

They're lovely cats, Walt, and it's a beautiful photo, background
and all (I like the contrast of browns). Our cat, Homer,
is not the most photogenic beasty around. There's something a bit
raggedy about His Gingerness that never translates real well to a
photo, but he's got a magnificent, incredibly friendly, huggable
personality - I suspect he's been kicked out of some of the better
Cat Clubs for breaking the Cat Rules (Rule 1: I am King/Queen).

Speaking of dogs, you all might recall me losing Monty a couple of
months ago. Someone said that another would come in to begin shrinking
the massive hole he left. Well, totally unintentionally, one did.
Oscar (8 years old) was just meant to be a visit for us, to check
on him for the Rescue people so they knew what type of dog they were
rehoming. Well, he's here to stay, as of about a month ago. I figure,
he might give me, and I him, some pleasant "twilight years" memories
that I never got, losing Monty at about the same age. Funny is that
Oscar's previously always been an outside dog, but it took him a
snip to learn how to sleep on the bed and get on the sofa. :-D

Anyway, here's some photos:

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/oscar5.jpg.html
(Shaggy as all get-out, and desperate for a bath and a clip)

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/CRW_6511-01.jpg.html
(Post-clip, and "stocky" - which is what I call myself when I'm
pretending I don't need to lose a couple of stone)

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/oscmarc1.jpg.html
(Can an old dog be taught new tricks? Of course he can, and he
has, like how to sleep on the sofa. Obviously I didn't take this
photo, being asleep and all :-) )

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/CRW_6677-01.jpg.html
(This is called "play" in dogland. Maggie - on the left - is Queen,
but always willing to descend to mere Oscar-level for a bit of biff)

http://www.parknmeter.com/gallery/v/airedale/CRW_6696-01.jpg.html
(Just a "Family portrait" of them both (sort-of)).

(Some of the above are a bit "choppy". I think I've overcompressed
a couple of them to get them around the 100KB filesize region)

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz