[OM] Re: Zuiko 85mm F2 MC

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 85mm F2 MC
From: Jim Couch <zuikoholic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:34:19 -0800
Actually, if  Michael is looking for a  lightweight  lens for
backpacking/hiking, and can live with a bit slower & shorter lens at the
long end the 35-70 3.5-4.5 is a great alternative - fairly readily
available, very lightweight, and has a close focusing mode. (Olympus
optimistically calls it Macro.) The 35-80, while a fine lens, is a bit
of a tank!

Jim