[OM] Re: Alternative to ICE4 for B&W Negatives

Subject: [OM] Re: Alternative to ICE4 for B&W Negatives
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:05:59 +1100

> I've got a pile of never printed B&W negatives from my
> father's time with the US Army in Europe in WWII.
>
>   I'd like to scan the whole bunch. What can be done about
> the fact that many of them are scratched?

I think something that might work ok with the scratched negs is "wet
mounting" where the neg is mounted on the scanner glass with a small amount
of a special oil.  This probably won't work with your coolscan and it always
seemed like a messy and time consuming procedure to me but might be worth a
try as a last resort.

...Wayne