[OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly

Subject: [OM] Re: Advice needed: list transaction going poorly
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:19:09 -0800
I almost never rely on adjectives when selling or buying. Use good
pictures and point out the defects so that people can look for them in
the pictures.

Stuff gets damaged in shipping. I shipped a bunch of cameras to John.
One was a like new OM4T. The top plate picked up a severe dent. Every
thing was individually wrapped in bubble wrap with additional bubble
wrap and styrofoam peanuts to keep everything from moving. It's hard
to imagine how one camera got damaged since it had to be the result of
colliding with another camera in the box. The dent had to come from a
sharp edge perhaps a wind lever or maybe the hinge on a body. I had
wondered if the box had been opened, but John didn't think so.. Next
time I'll probably use boxes inside of boxes.

The 50/1.2 zuikos, that I've seen sell, have been going over $300. On
the other hand the condition seems to be more and more important. Take
lots of pictures.

-jeff