[OM] Re: olympus Digest V4 #10

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V4 #10
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:16:50 -0800
AG Schnozz wrote:
> And the problem with that is?????
>
> Our first snow which we might have to shovel might come this weekend.

Looks like we are in line for a comeuppance for the springlike weather
we've been having. The weatherguessers are forecasting a real cold snap,
perhaps even a dusting of snow at sea level - VERY, VERY unusual here.
Last time I recall snow down in the flats was when I was about 5. We had
a littleof snow up here at 1,000 ft. a bit over 30 years ago. Some
lasted several days in the shaded part of my then backyard.

It was very amusing. All those folks who drove down the hill to drop off
spouses and/or kids, then tried to drive straight back up. Slither and
slide city. The four wheel traction of brakes only needing to partially
offset gravity on the way down mostly worked. Two wheel traction to over
come gravity and go up mostly didn't. Because snow and ice are so very
rare here, we have lots of roads that just go straight up fairly steep
grades.

I was driving a BMW 1600 that was really squirrelly on anything the
least slippery, but had the sense to drive home that day up the windy
little streets and had no problems. Never snowed here when I had the
Audi Quattro, but it proved its capabilities in the mountains.

This weekend should be interesting....

Moose