[OM] Re: Took 'em down

Subject: [OM] Re: Took 'em down
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 01:39:43 +0000
A couple of concerned Listers sent me private messages, and I told them the
facts, which I probably ought to share with the rest of you. I ain't dead yet,
and don't intend to be. I'm too damned contrary to die at the young age of 65,
or 66 in less than a month.

This is not my first experience with cancer. In 1998 I had oral surgery to
remove a malignant lesion under my tongue. Most unpleasant procedure, but not
the fault of the doctors and nurses, who were superb -- breathing through a
tracheotomy with a feeding tube down the throat for four days is not pleasant
-- but I survived, then endured five weeks of radiation, which was not too bad,
except it burned off my beard and was a daily 8:30 PITA appointment.

This time, I?m told, my prognosis is good: it?s been caught early enough that
some ?routine? out-patient surgery and, maybe, a couple of weeks of radiation
should take care of it.

I?m probably not going too far. I just got to feeling sorry for myself last
night. Stayed up too late with too much vodka, I think.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --