[OM] Re: Took 'em down

Subject: [OM] Re: Took 'em down
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:04:01 -0800
>A couple of concerned Listers sent me private messages, and I told them the
>facts, which I probably ought to share with the rest of you. I ain't dead yet,
>and don't intend to be. I'm too damned contrary to die at the young age of 65,
>or 66 in less than a month.
>
>This is not my first experience with cancer. In 1998 I had oral surgery to
>remove a malignant lesion under my tongue. Most unpleasant procedure, but not
>the fault of the doctors and nurses, who were superb -- breathing through a
>tracheotomy with a feeding tube down the throat for four days is not pleasant
>-- but I survived, then endured five weeks of radiation, which was not too bad,

>except it burned off my beard and was a daily 8:30 PITA appointment.
>
>This time, I?m told, my prognosis is good: it?s been caught early enough that
>some ?routine? out-patient surgery and, maybe, a couple of weeks of radiation
>should take care of it.
>
>I?m probably not going too far. I just got to feeling sorry for myself last
>night. Stayed up too late with too much vodka, I think.
>
>Walt

Well,
When life hands you lemons, make lemonade and find someone with Vodka and have a
party.

Good luck to you, for the religious types, they'll keep you in their prayers,
For the photo junkies, they'll keep you in their eyepiece, for the rest, stay
out of their gunsites.

Keep us posted, we need contrary.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets