[OM] Re: DZ 8mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 8mm?
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 12:46:31 -0500
At 10:19 AM 1/10/2007, Dan Mitchell wrote:

>   For the sake of comparison, here's some shots from my first day with a
>Peleng 8mm on an E-330.

I really like those Dan.  Well, the landscape ones anyway.  For some
reason the ones that give the strong fisheye effect hurt my eyes.
:-)  I especially like the colors - are they straight out of the box
or did you adjust them in post processing?

>   I still lust after the 7-14, of course, but in the meantime as long as
>I'm careful it'll take wide landscape shots just fine, and I can get all
>that fisheye "goodness" if I want it.

I've never owned a fisheye lens so what are the things to look out
for when using one for landscapes?  I'd think that you'd want to keep
the camera relatively level and watch out for vertical objects toward
the edge of the frame (or maybe avoid them altogether).  Also,
looking at your shots, it seems that it's best to keep the horizon
close to the center of the frame which kinda limits the composition.

Mitchelle just told me that UPS just delivered a package from Adorama
so I guess I need to go upstairs, open up the box, and start finding
out what this E-330 stuff is all about.  Unfortunately, I don't have
a lens that I can mount on the body right now so I guess I'll just
have to be satisfied with reading the manual and charging the
battery, at least until my OM to "E" adapter arrives from Hong Kong.

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson
Cleveland, GA