[OM] Re: DZ 8mm?

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ 8mm?
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:19:18 -0700
  For the sake of comparison, here's some shots from my first day with a
Peleng 8mm on an E-330. The 2x crop is almost certainly helping the
lens, so I'm not sure how the image quality gets right at the edges, but
in the middle it's perfectly acceptable, and a fair bit cheaper than the
DZ equivalent (and usable on OMs). Downsides: no AF, manual stop down,
of course.

http://www.danielmitchell.net/sgal/index.php?gallery=./fisheye

  There's a couple of 100% center/corner samples there as well for those
as likes that sort of thing.

  I still lust after the 7-14, of course, but in the meantime as long as
I'm careful it'll take wide landscape shots just fine, and I can get all
that fisheye "goodness" if I want it.

  -- dan