[OM] Re: FL40 and C8080

Subject: [OM] Re: FL40 and C8080
From: "khen lim" <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:25:32 +0800
Thank you Jeff and Richard

Both of you have been most helpful.

I just thought of another question that leads from your responses.

1) What are your experiences with using the FL40 on the C8080 with various
different colour balance settings including One-Touch WB?

2) How about if I were to set the C8080 to Manual exposure mode? Does this
mean that I have to also use the FL40 on Manual or any of the fractioned
power modes?

3) My shooting style is Aperture-AE, Multispot with or without Exposure
Compensation and at times, altering the ISO setting. Would I still be free
in doing these when I use the FL40? And if so, should the FL40 be set in any
particular way for me to be able to continue with my shooting style?

4) Does the C8080's Flash Intensity Control only for the built-in flash or
does it also directly govern the FL40?

5) Does Quantum make a power pack for the C8080 that provides power to the
camera AND the FL40 concurrently? Is this power pack rechargeable? Is this
power pack usable on the Camedia C5060 as well?

6) Is the FL40 compatible with the C5060 in the same way as the C8080?
Reason I ask this is that I happen to use both cameras for my assignments.

Thank you so much again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

K.

On 09/01/07, Jeff Keller <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Both Quantum and Pocket Wizard make wireless flash control. Quantum
> just updated their flashes to be more compatible with Olympus. If I
> followed the page Mike pointed out, Quantum 5R can now do wireless
> ratio control for multiple flashes when used with some Olympus
> cameras. The Quantum web site www.qtm.com does NOT provide an easy to
> understand description of their flashes.
>
> I've been using old Quantum X2 flashes remotely triggered with my E-1
> for a fairly long time. Typically I mount the transceiver in the hot
> shoe and have it trigger 3 flashes. I find it easiest to put the
> flashes in manual mode.  A used quantum flash, battery pack, and
> transceiver will probably cost over $500. The older transceiver, FW10
> can be bought by itself for about $100. As always luck and patience
> yield the lowest prices.
>
> -jeff
>
> On 1/8/07, khen lim <castanet.xiosnetworks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hello people
> >
> snip
> >
> > Thirdly are any of you out there aware if there is any third-party
> wireless
> > option for use with Olympus flash units in conjunction with either
> Camedia
> > C-series and the Four-Thirds E-series DSLRs?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > K.
> >
> > --
> > Khen Lim