[OM] Re: Weird fogging on 35mm film

Subject: [OM] Re: Weird fogging on 35mm film
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:11:49 -0800 (PST)
> Well that sucks.  I developed it with another roll of the same film
> purchased at the same time from the same dealer and the other roll
> was perfect.

I'd definitely let the store know. There is a high likelyhood that
they received a shipment that had been handled at some point by the
USPS.

Oh, and another thing about the USPS, is that much of the mail is
carried by the airlines.  It goes through the NUKER just like checked
backage which you never want to send film through.

BTW, I worked with the local postmaster on tracing shipments from the
east coast.  From one particular location, we found that the package
would pass through the irradiation system in three processing centers
AND have been transported on commercial airliner twice.  That's FIVE
zappings and whatever radiation from being above most of our
protective atmosphere for three hours.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com