[OM] Re: Winter pics for those missing out this year

Subject: [OM] Re: Winter pics for those missing out this year
From: Russ Butler <rbinnj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 23:17:57 -0500
Mike wrote:
> Unlike the East Coast we are having a bigger than normal winter around
> here. Lots of wind, rain and even some snow for a change. Here are a few
> of pics from a 'snow event' we had a month ago or so. More than 12" at
> our place in one dump which is the most we've had in close to 20 years.
> My wife and I were driving by the local cemetery  when the light was
> right. Didn't last but a few minutes.
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web006.jpg
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web010.jpg
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web013.jpg
>
> Another 'drive by' on my way to work. This is the local shipyard near
> where my wife and daughter and I lived for many years in a small cabin
> just off screen right. Turtleback Mtn., obvious in the background, has
> just been purchased in its entirety by the local Land Bank and saved
> from the proliferating trophy home market.
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web005.jpg
>
> And finally a couple taken at the beach during the many wind storms
> which have been passing through one after the other. Lighting courtesy
> of the rainshadow effect of the Olympic Mtns which breaks up the clouds
> briefly before they run up against the Cascades.
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web017a.jpg
> http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/landscapes/web038.jpg
>
> Om4t, 35~105 or 24/2.8, 160pro
> Costco scans, auto levels, LCE
>
> Let me know if they appear too dark on your screen. They look fine to me
> using FastStone or PS but appear darker when viewed with Mozilla.
>
> Mike

Mike,

Thanks a LOT for the Winter shots. They're fine ones and all looked
correct on my screen in Firefox.

While I'm enjoying the total lack of Winter here on the East Coast, your
shots do make me miss the beauty of snow. We haven't had a flake yet and
are usually up to our asses by this time of the year.

--
Russ Butler (NJ USA)