[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has
From: "Jez Cunningham" <jez.cunningham@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 14:45:39 +0100
I just picked up one of those Linksys NAS boxes, wrongly labelled (I think),
new, for 19.90euro.  A piece of cake to set up (plugged into back of wifi
router) but it warns that the attached USB drive will be reformatted in a
way that it can no longer be used as a regular USB drive.  ?

I don't understand what it did when it reformatted, but it works ok, and is
a useful addition to the wifi house.  I've got mine and my wife's PCs
backing up 'My Pictures' to it (as a second backup to the already attached
USB drives) and I've got a laptop downstairs with the screensaver randomly
displaying photos from that drive.

According to the sales bumf (but I haven't read the user manual on the CD
yet) you can make it internet accessible too...

Recommended at 19.90 :-)

br
Jez