[OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has

Subject: [OM] Re: Yes, he is finally installing a back up drive and has
From: Thomas Clausen <T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:59:56 +0100
Piers,

ext3, not ext2. Yes, they're somewhat compatible, but not 100%, and I
would be hesitant to use a plug-in or driver that's not ext3-capable.

The best approach  (as in: the one which is most likely to not cause
data corruption etc) would be to grab an Ubuntu CD and access the
disk directly from Linux...

19.90 is a very good price for the NSLU, put me down for a few too ;)

Cheers,

Thomas

On 8Jan , 2007, at 2:56 PM, Piers Hemy wrote:

> As Thomas has posted, the NSLU formats the USB drive as ext2, but
> that does
> not mean you are committed to Linux.  Google "ext2IFS" for an
> installable
> Windows driver (freeware) to enable direct access to the NSLU
> drives from
> Windows, if that is important to you.  And put me down for another
> of your
> Eu19.90 specials from Leuven, I like them so much I'm up for
> another :-)
>
> --
> Piers

Thomas Clausen