[OM] Re: OT - on returning to film

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - on returning to film
From: Rick Beckrich <rick_beckrich@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 07:34:27 -0800 (PST)
All - In case you missed it, there's a nice Pete Myers essay in
Luminous-Landscape on why he has gone back to film  (OK, with a L***a) after
several years of working with digital. Here's a quote I love: (Obviously,
'cause I agree - and have done the same thing, 'though not as well.)

  ?My photographic medium comes in a roll with thirty-six image sensors to a
box. Each box also provides the user with a free, image-memory system ? which
is highly archival. And finally, the completed images don?t even need to be
viewed on a computer monitor at all ? you can just view the images directly on
a light table with a loop! Magic.? Pete Myers, Santa Fe writing in
Luminous-Landscape

http://mail.yahoo.com