[OM] OT focusing with progressives (was: On hazards of aging)

Subject: [OM] OT focusing with progressives (was: On hazards of aging)
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 20:56:34 -0800
How do you do it? Since getting these new glasses with progressive
lenses i can't manage a decent focus without setting the hyperfocal
distance and/or shooting at f16. Problem is i can't adjust the diopter
correction because each time I take a picture I may look through a
slightly different part of the lens. Do I take off the glasses and set
the diopter correction to nekkid eyeball? Switch to a split image
screen? Buy an E400? This getting old business really has it's downside.

Mike