[OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem

Subject: [OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 12:00:24 -0800
That's great. I'm glad to hear everything worked out.

Both times I did it I thought it might be best to open up the back of
the lens so that I could make sure the lever didn't bend in the wrong
place but concerns about dis-assembly & re-assembly motivated me to
give it cautious trial bend first which was all it took. Both of the
lenses I had to fix were long telephotos. The weight of the lens
probably made it easy to bend the levers when someone wasn't careful
enough mounting them on the camera.

It's a little surprising that the telescoping auto tube would suffer
the same fate. I regularly carry one with a Zuiko 135 mounted on it.
However none of the Zuiko lenses used with the tube are very large, so
I wouldn't expect anyone to exert much force.
Best wishes,
-jeff