[OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]

Subject: [OM] Re: The new digital discourse [was: Looking back and forward]
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 01:51:34 +0000
There is a significant difference between film and digital.
With film cameras, you *need* film (in order to take any pictures) - with
digital, all you need (externally) is some form of 'storage'.
And the JPEG format cannot now be 'un-invented' - at worst it may become
fully propriety and require appropriate licences to legally use (but there
are Open Source 'public domain' formats that you could convert your images
to).
And I can't see USB vanishing completely - even if you have to buy a card
with 'retro' interfaces fitted one day!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -