[OM] Re: Adding a little science to the group photograph

Subject: [OM] Re: Adding a little science to the group photograph
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:08:45 -0800
Decades ago when dual head flash attachments became the rage so you
could bounce with the main flash and add a highlight in the eye with
the auxiliary flash I read an article praising them not for that, but
for the ability to work independently. He would set the small flash
to go off first. People thought their picture was taken. They would
relax and smile more naturally and had their blink over with. Then
the main flash would go off and get a better picture. No first hand
experience though.

The noise apparently triggers the blink as well. Cameras with very
small delays tend to avoid avoid them like the new models with almost
no black out because of the speed of the mirror. I suppose near
silent cameras like digicams and older Leicas are equally effective.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA