[OM] Re: Adding a little science to the group photograph

Subject: [OM] Re: Adding a little science to the group photograph
From: "Ian Nichols" <ian.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 10:25:48 +0000
On 20/12/06, usher99@xxxxxxx <usher99@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Blinking frequency is also a function of activity.  One suspects this
> decreases when posing for a a group picture.  He also used a system with a
> faster sych speed than my OM-2.  I would rather trust  Dr. Flash's judgment
> as to how many shots are required for a keeper.

Hmm, I have this half-assed, untested theory which says the best
approach to this problem would be some sort of external stimulus to
make everyone blink immediately .... then you release the shutter in
the short window before someone blinks again.

Perhaps setting off a flash? (warning the group first that there will
be two flashes or they'll start wandering off thinking you've taken
"the photo", after all, you only need to do it once if you're any
good, right?).  A sudden noise?  maybe even tell them all to Blink!,
then release the shutter as soon as they do?