[OM] Re: cs3 beta installed

Subject: [OM] Re: cs3 beta installed
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:47:28 +0100
Yes I have just recently discovered this while playing around trying to
see if the bridge part expires like the raw developer and CS3. Launching
the cs2 bridge now starts cs3, still I don't have to worry about that
until may next year.

In my opinion though adobe should sell in modular form, the new bridge
actually works now and is fast enough on my macbook, its biggest
advantage over aperture and lightroom is that you don't need a database
so that's 10 percent disk space saved. The drawback though is that you
see the directory structure and only the photos in the directory, not
the whole library - so don't worry if you have bought aperture.

The new raw developer can do all that lightroom can do. For me it has
allowed me to delay any commitment to either aperture of lightroom is
ideal, I chanced upon a 2nd hand copy of cs2 for half price (complete
with receipt). It will work as a stop gap for me and allow me to go back
through my collection and delete, rearrange etc. my photos ready for an
import into either lightroom or aperture ( probably aperture).

The loupe copy in bridge is ok but as so often is the case the original
in aperture is the best.

IanW