[OM] Scanning CN

Subject: [OM] Scanning CN
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:58:30 +0100
Hi,

just to prove that  I'm still here from time to time,  how about some CN
scanning advice? The &^%$# orange mask ist a real pain :)

I tried  exposing the scan such  that the red  channel is as far  to the
right as possible without clipping, but  then green and esp. blue are so
dark  that there's  a lot  of  noise. I now  set the  scanner to  expose
longer, so  that the  green channel is  far right,  almost clipped. That
means that the red channel is clipped more than halfway. The pictures to
look better  though. But I don't want  to loose any (too  much) data, so
I'm worrying a bit about that red channel.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Nils