[OM] Re: Scanning CN

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanning CN
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:55:45 +0100
On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 12:16:26PM -0800, AG Schnozz wrote:

> You think SCANNING T400CN is bad!  Try making a darkroom print
> through that nasty orange mask!  I'll take scanning over
> enlarging any day.  The only way to deal with the stuff is
> through split-grade printing.

400CN is another matter, I didn't try that one much yet. I was mainly
referring to real color CN film. For this, it probably would be best to
make 3 different exposures, one for each channel, since they differ so
much. I might try that later and report the results. Maybe I also should
simply try overexposing CN a bit.

(But I actually have a bunch of BW400CN pictures laying around waiting
to be scanned, let's see what happens with the orange mask.)

> Gotta love the grain (or lack thereof) though.  Oh, and a
> shoulder that goes on forever.

There is no grain. (Or was that spoon?)

Nils

--