[OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...
From: "Allan Mee" <bigalsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 15:23:45 +0000
The adaptall II mount of my Tamron SP 70-210 stays attached to the camera's
mount OK (I usually use it on my OMs) - but if I'm a bit clumsy, the lens
can sometimes rotate and start disengaging from the adaptall II mount -
because the release button is on a weak spring that is way too easily
depressed by accident! All it takes is a gentle touch - but when I'm careful
and paying attention, everything is ok!
Allan

PS No trees were harmed in the sending of this message and a very large
number of electrons were asked their permission to be terribly
inconvenienced. (And threw a party for them afterwards for being really cool
about it).

Disrupting the unnatural balance that you, as a conscious human being and a
confused mass of energy, have created.
-Disturb the mind -

>From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...
>Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:15:43 -0500
>
>Did you say what you meant?  Did you mean to say that the lens is
>decoupling from the adapter or that the adapter is decoupling from the
>body?  Like all lenses, the adapter should have a spring loaded tab to
>lock onto the body's lens mount.  If that tab doesn't engage then the
>adapter is free to rotate and become disengaged from the body.  But the
>opposite end where the lens attaches should be passive just like the
>camera's mount.  No moving parts... at least as far as the lens coupling
>is concerned.
>
>The only other things that should move are transfer levers for setting
>the aperture and closing down the aperture when the shutter is fired.
>Given the association with rotating the aperture ring it sounds like
>that transfer lever could be involved but I haven't a clue how that
>could cause decoupling of the lens from the adapter.
>
>Chuck Norcutt
>
>Donald wrote:
> > I'm having a bit of bother with my 1.4x SP adapter, which is decoupling
> > from the lens to which it is attached on rotation of the apterture dial.
> > The only difference I can trace between its action and the action of the
> > 2x adapter is a hinged, spring-action gizmo which is not springing back
> > into position.
> >
> > Does anyone have any tinkering experience with these and useful advice
> > to offer? How complicated are the innards?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> >
> > D.

> > List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> > List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Windows Live? Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!