[OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 1.4x problem...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2006 10:15:43 -0500
Did you say what you meant?  Did you mean to say that the lens is
decoupling from the adapter or that the adapter is decoupling from the
body?  Like all lenses, the adapter should have a spring loaded tab to
lock onto the body's lens mount.  If that tab doesn't engage then the
adapter is free to rotate and become disengaged from the body.  But the
opposite end where the lens attaches should be passive just like the
camera's mount.  No moving parts... at least as far as the lens coupling
is concerned.

The only other things that should move are transfer levers for setting
the aperture and closing down the aperture when the shutter is fired.
Given the association with rotating the aperture ring it sounds like
that transfer lever could be involved but I haven't a clue how that
could cause decoupling of the lens from the adapter.

Chuck Norcutt