[OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure

Subject: [OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 08:29:26 -0700
Hi William,
        Thanx for replying :-)

Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:

> For the second issue, Don't feel stupid! Otherwise, I will have to feel
> stupid too and I hate that. ;-))

Great...we can create a "My FL50 makes me feel stupid" club and
commiserate together, LOL!!

> I am still having difficulties working with the FL-50 on my E-1. I can
> accept that some pictures are under or overexposed with all settings
> being standard. No too big a deal, since with digital it is so easy to
> check te result and adjust to compensate. When I want to compensate
> there are so many options and no option seems to work completely right.
> normal +/- correction on the body does not do the job, but neither does
> flash +/- compensation on the body. So I tried +/- compensation via the
> camera menu and that did not work either. I acchieved best results with
> using the compensation knob on the flash itself.

I hear you loud and clear here!! Here is a link that Richard Ociepka has
given me, may it be as helpful to you as it was to me!
http://tinyurl.com/9t629

> So, I am also very curious as to how all other people experience the use
> of the E-1 or other E-system body combined with one of the E-series
> flashes. Please share your experience.

Me too. I would love to hear from others who have managed to figure
their way through the manual and are using this flash successfully on
their E-whatevers.

> Lastly, I have the opportunity to buy the complete E-system macro flash
> systems used for €600,-. This includes the TF-22 twin flash, the RF-11
> ring flash, the controller, the hood for the 50mm, the bag for
> everything and an extra FL-cb05 cable. Do you think this is a good deal?

I cannot answer this one for you. You might want to make a separate post
for this question so it doesn't get missed by those who have infinitely
more knowledge than I. :-)
Candace