[OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure

Subject: [OM] Re: Dazed and Confused-FL50 questions and E330 failure
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:11:51 +0100
Candace Lemarr wrote:

-----

Hi guys :-)

<snip>

First issue: E-330 is really really being naughty.

<big snip>

Second issue...I am not getting the lighting right with my FL50.

<snip again>

-----

Hi Candace,

Sorry for my late reaction, but I am on the digest.

For the first issue, many have given you the same idea I had. I hope
this helps.

For the second issue, Don't feel stupid! Otherwise, I will have to feel
stupid too and I hate that. ;-))

I am still having difficulties working with the FL-50 on my E-1. I can
accept that some pictures are under or overexposed with all settings
being standard. No too big a deal, since with digital it is so easy to
check te result and adjust to compensate. When I want to compensate
there are so many options and no option seems to work completely right.
normal +/- correction on the body does not do the job, but neither does
flash +/- compensation on the body. So I tried +/- compensation via the
camera menu and that did not work either. I acchieved best results with
using the compensation knob on the flash itself. The combo still does
not work nearly as good as the OM-2n and T-32 from the "old days".

So, I am also very curious as to how all other people experience the use
of the E-1 or other E-system body combined with one of the E-series
flashes. Please share your experience.

Lastly, I have the opportunity to buy the complete E-system macro flash
systems used for €600,-. This includes the TF-22 twin flash, the RF-11
ring flash, the controller, the hood for the 50mm, the bag for
everything and an extra FL-cb05 cable. Do you think this is a good deal?

Kind regards,

Wiliam Wagenaar