[OM] Re: Interview with Andy Rouse

Subject: [OM] Re: Interview with Andy Rouse
From: ScottGee1 <scottgee1@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 09:40:05 -0500
Yep.  Mr. Rouse makes a point I thought of bringing up during our
recent discussion of megapixels and quality.

Back in the early days of digital I noticed that better labs and print
shops were sorting out how to get the most out of what we now regard
as meager files.  And by gosh they were able to make large prints and
even posters of decent quality.

I attended a Photovision event shortly after the 6MP cams hit the
market.  The sponsoring lab (Burrell) decorated the merchant area of
the show with very large prints and made sure to include a little sign
on each one to note the source camera.  A number of these beautiful
24x36"/30x40" prints were from the D30 -- which, BTW, is a 3MP cam,
not a 4MP as mentioned in the interview.  It was amusing to watch
other photographers darn near put their noses into them to check for
details.  I'm sure I heard people laughing behind my back . . .  ;o)

FWIW/ScottGee1