[OM] Re: Interview with Andy Rouse

Subject: [OM] Re: Interview with Andy Rouse
From: r.burnette@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 15:47:45 -0500
Another interesting observation from the Rouse interview. Note the comment
about MegaPixel size and reproduction.

Robert

"DT: You were renowned as an early and enthusiastic adopter of digital
photography when many professionals where shying away from this medium. Why was
this?
AR: Money. Simple as that. I was spending tens of thousands of pounds a year on
slide film, developing and creating high quality 70mm duplicates for my network
of agents worldwide. This money could have been better spent on my travel so I
quickly saw that digital would save me a packet and allow me to channel the
money elsewhere. All I needed to do was to be convinced of the quality. When
one of my Canon EOS D30 images (yes that is a 4MP camera) was used at billboard
size in every Jaguar car dealership in the US I was convinced of that. Since
then I have never looked back, although I do miss the clunk of my Pentax 645
sometimes."