[OM] Re: [OT] A tip for Canyon flash shooters

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] A tip for Canyon flash shooters
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 16:25:57 -0800 (PST)
I wonder whether there is anything special about the autofocus assist, ie
geometry of beam, must
come on at a certain moment etc.  Maybe a few narrow beam hi power, infrared
LEDS hooked up to the
low voltage output of a quantum pack and left on continuously, would also work?
 Somebody with
time on there hands could give it a try?  You could then use any flash
including high power studio
flashes etc.

Actually I wonder same question for Oly products, that use flash LED focus
assist?
Do some of them use two beams with some sort of triangulation for example.

Tim Hughes