[OM] Re: What would you do?

Subject: [OM] Re: What would you do?
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:45:51 -0000
Interesting that you suggested that with your experience, Jeff, as I was
about to do the same based on zero relevant experience.  Thing to remember
with stitching is that you need to rottate the lens about it's nodal
position to minimise (if not eliminate) the parallax errors. If you can do
that, stitching can be extremely effective.  Abd it seems to me that Dan
will have plenty of overlap between frames to work on the stitching.

There will be mention in the archives of webapges explaining nodal points -
I remember posting in the past 2 months.  It's very easy to do empirically,
not difficult to explain visually, but I can't begin to attempt it verbally!
And you don't nee a pano head for the tripod, the OM focussing stage works
just fine.

--
Piers