[OM] Re: MotoGP Photo WAS Slouching toward something else...

Subject: [OM] Re: MotoGP Photo WAS Slouching toward something else...
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 08:44:59 -0600
On 11/10/06, Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rob Harrison wrote:
> > Very nice! Impressive shot. I really wanted to get down there this year....
> >
> > -Rob in Seattle
> >
> > On 11/9/06 9:45 PM, "Stephen Scharf" <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Witness this shot of Valentino Rossi at the Laguna Seca MotoGP...shot
> >> handheld with my 300/2.8.
> >>
> >> http://photos.imageevent.com/puma_cat/redbullusgrandprix2006/Rossi.jpg

Yeah, I look just like that on my Honda 650 Nighthawk. :)

Jeff K. noted a halo on the rear tire on his monitor.  When I was
looking at this at home on my CRT monitor, I couldn't see anything of
the kind.  It is perfect.  Gorgeous.  Here at work I do see a bit of a
halo on the LCD monitor.

I've been thinking it is time to standardize on LCD at home where I do
my color work.  I don't know whether this instance is evidence that I
should do this as soon as possible or wait until the CRT dies and I
have no other recourse.

Joel W.